- 1 cup Whole Wheat flour
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chococlate
- ½ cup Jaggery or Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- ¼ cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- In a mixing bowl add in the Whole Wheat Flour.
- To this add in the Baking powder, Baking soda, and Salt.
- Next add in the chocolate chunks or Chocolate chips. I added a combination of both. Toss everything together and set them aside.
- In another mixing bowl add ½ cup of Jaggery or Brown Sugar.
- To this add in ¼ cup of Coconut oil, 2 tbsp of water, and ½ tsp of Vanilla essence. Whisk well until the Jaggery and liquids are well combined.
- Now slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Fold gently until everything is combined. Make sure there is no flour seen traces after mixing.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop in equal portions of the dough. You can fill up to ¾ of the ice cream scoop. Else you can also take 1.5 tbsp of the cookie dough.
- Place them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Slightly press them to shape the cookies. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 mins. Also, make sure you leave enough space between each cookie. They tend to expand.
- Preheat the oven at 356 F ( 180 C) for 10 mins . Bake the cookies at 356 F (180 C) for about 12- 15 mins or till the cookies turn golden. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let them cool completely.